Pacific Guardian Life is seeking a highly qualified and results driven individual to fill a Senior Accountant position in our Honolulu office.
The Senior Accountant independently performs a variety of duties within the General Accounting department. This position is responsible for preparing various complex account reconciliations, assisting with federal and state tax filings, and completing other internal and external financial reports and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, tax or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Two (2) years of work experience in accounting or related area.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles preferred.
- General knowledge of tax preparation and compliance.
- Proven ability to analyze and resolve complex accounting issues. Ability to interpret a variety of information presented in written, oral, diagram or scheduled form.
- Proven ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization and maintain professional working relationships with external vendors.
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Must be able to communicate accounting information to all levels within the organization in an accurate and timely manner.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Resumes may be submitted to:
Pacific Guardian Life
Attn: Human Resources
1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96814
E-mail: [email protected] (link sends e-mail)
Fax: (808) 942-1280
For more information, please feel free to contact a member of our Human Resources department at (808) 955-2236.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
No relocation assistance provided.