Pacific Guardian Life is seeking a highly qualified and results driven individual to fill a Policy Service Specialist position in our Honolulu office.
The Policy Service Specialist is responsible for timely processing terminations, reinstatements, and policy service changes of policies and filing such activity with the State of Hawaii’s Department of Labor and Industrial Relations. This position is a hybrid of policy service and premium accounting in that the policy service specialist will not only process activities aforementioned, but research and process premium refunds (at termination) or premium collections (upon reinstatement). The policy service specialist uses good judgement when handling confidential information and provides excellent customer service.
- High school diploma. Associates degree preferred.
- One (1) year general office experience related to the functions and requirements specified. Preferably experience in an insurance company.
- Demonstrated ability of providing exemplary customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate policy information with the public, agents and personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Well organized and attentive to detail. Must be able to prioritize tasks and work well under critical deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Ability read and interpret documents such as insurance policies, contracts, operating and maintenance instructions.
- Proven ability to calculate and apply basic mathematical formulas. Must be able to calculate commissions, percentages, premiums, and volume. Must have a clear understanding of debits and credits.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and other office equipment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel and Word, preferred).
Resumes may be submitted to:
Pacific Guardian Life
Attn: Human Resources
1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96814
E-mail: [email protected] (link sends e-mail)
Fax: (808) 942-1280
For more information, please feel free to contact a member of our Human Resources department at (808) 955-2236.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
No relocation assistance provided.